Calling all comedy!
Applications to perform now available!
We’re looking for the best live comedy from across the country and beyond! The Milwaukee Comedy Festival will accept submissions for improv, sketch comedy, stand up comedy, one-person shows, alternative comedy acts and musical comedy. The 9th annual Milwaukee Comedy Festival will take place August 7-10, 2014.
Applications will be accepted until May 15, 2014 at 11:59pm.
OK, We get it! How do we submit?
- Read the Frequently Asked Questions before you submit!
- Have this info ready: Reliable contact person, Number of performers, Technical needs, Video link of performance, Bio or short description
- Application fee: Stand up $25, Sketch/ Improv $30
(Paypal or Major Credit Card)
- Any Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications are now closed. Thanks to the hundreds that applied this year! Applicants will be contacted between June 1-20th. Line-up is typically announced in early July.
- Application to perform does not guarantee festival participation. Submission fee is non-refundable. Incomplete applications and those without payment cannot be processed. Submission of application grants Milwaukee Comedy Festival the right to use your submitted materials for promotional or marketing purposes for this and future festivities and related events. We will never sell your personal information.
Why the Milwaukee Comedy Festival?
Accepted Performers and groups get:
- Performer lanyard good for free entry to all shows
- Discounted tickets for friends and family
- Opportunities to perform in the Improv Jam
- Hang out with performers from across the country at official after parties
- Free food and beverages back stage
- Discounted rates on area hotel accommodations
- Discounts on local restaurant and bars in close proximity to festival venues
- Publicity on our web site and press materials
- Be a part of Wisconsin’s largest annual comedy event!
Word has been spreading fast in the comedy world – “The Milwaukee Comedy Festival is the place to be!” Our goal is to make sure the audience AND the performers are having a great time. What’s the point of putting a comedy show on if no one is having fun? We do our best to accommodate our performers by offering food and beverages from festival sponsors backstage, free admission to festival shows, reduced hotel rates and “free couch space”, visiting performers packets including maps and area accommodations, a friendly staff and great performance venue.
The Milwaukee Comedy Festival was run like a well-oiled machine. They had backstage passes and free food, so we were impressed. The Theater where we performed was beautiful, and Matt Kemple, the festival coordinator, was extremely friendly and helpful.Tabitha Vidaurri, The Sixth Borough (Philadelphia, PA)
Questions? Email us at email@example.com